Grenoble, Auvergne Rhône-Alpes

This is a typical example of French bureaucracy at its best.The urssaf is one of the many, many bureaucracies we have to deal with in France to do the equivalent of filling out a 1040EZ form.

When I first signed up with them, they classified me as a baker and an independent freelancer (actually, they have no category for the line of work that I do---they might come up with one in a few decades) and started charging me taxes for both categories. This carried on for a year and I was obliged to hire a accountant for 2000 euros/year to clear things up. Next trick is that they lost track of me for almost three years, despite my accountant's best efforts. Then they found me again and asked for me to pay penalties because I hadn't contacted them for three years!

Now I've changed my business status and another French bureaucracy is asking me for an form testifying to the fact that I'm ok with the urssaf. I go to my client space in the urssaf website, but cannot manage to find any way to get this testament. So I contact them by web (another story in itself) and they answer me by telling me to go to my client space and get the document. Duh!!

Why didn't I think of that? Anyway, I'm trying to contact them again, but can't do it from my client space, blah blah blah. You get the idea.

End result is hours and hours of wasted time and I'll probably be charged some penalties by other French bureaucracies because I can't a simple one page document from the urssaf.

It's no wonder "bureaucracy" is a French word.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $1000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Urssaf. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Government and Politics category for more informed decision or compare Urssaf to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Urssaf?

Comments